"Five Ways to Fall In Love on Planet Porcelain" is a 2012 science fiction short story by Cat Rambo. It is about a woman made of china who has a relationship with a human tourist on her planet.
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing!
Ah, the feeling of infatuation that comes with a new lover! Is there anything quite like it? Here is the story of one woman and the multitude of feelings she has for the new beau in her life.
Tikka works as a Minor Propagandist for the planet Porcelain’s Bureau of Tourism. Even though her boss can be a little bit overbearing, it is still a good, steady job that allows her to travel and write her many lists of 5 items. It is while on assignment that this woman made of porcelain meets a human tourist who hires her as his personal guide. The more time they spend together the more they come to like each other – you might even say they are falling in love despite their obvious physical differences! But just as their relationship reaches a new high Tikka discovers a dark secret about her new friend – one that will affect her for a long time to come.
Some Interesting Tidbits
- Word count: 3,610 (7 pages)
- Do you like Cat Rambo’s writing style? Then sign up to take one of her online classes!
- "Five Ways to Fall In Love on Planet Porcelain" has been nominated for the 2012 Nebula Award for Best Short Story.
Where To Find Five Ways to Fall In Love on Planet Porcelain
- This short story first appeared in the 2012 collection Near + Far.
- You can read "Five Ways to Fall In Love on Planet Porcelain" for free online at Cat Rambo’s web site.
Craving More SF Stories Like This One?
If you enjoyed "Five Ways to Fall In Love on Planet Porcelain" then you might also like “Bridesicle” by Will McIntosh – about a dead woman who is “awakened” to a very strange proposal!